Kids in the Cloud Grades 1-7
Primary schools play a huge role in developing digital literacy skills within learners, similar to language (reading and writing) and mathematical skills. In the Cloud is of the opinion that learners should be digitally literate when leaving for secondary school, so that they can integrate basic digital skills in their day to day school work, but also one day when they leave school – whether it is to further their studies, or to enter the world of work. This in order to become responsible digital citizens.
In the Cloud offers a set of manuals to guide facilitators with no, minimum, some or lots of Media, Information and Computer experience. Manuals are compiled of lessons (between 20-30 lessons each), integrating important topics with media, information and computer tools. The lessons are constantly revisited to make sure it remains relevant, since technology changes rapidly in todays’ world. All important areas are covered to become a digital citizen, and it includes the following:
- Digital Access
- Digital Commerce
- Digital Communication
- Digital Literacy
- Digital Etiquette
- Digital Law
- Digital Rights & Responsibilities
- Digital Health & Wellness
- Digital Security (also self-protection)
The product is made available as a set, consisting of the following seven manuals:
- Kids in the Cloud Level/Grade 1 – ISBN: 978-0-7972-1519-1
- Kids in the Cloud Level/Grade 2 – ISBN: 978-0-7972-1520-7
- Kids in the Cloud Level/Grade 3 – ISBN: 978-0-7972-1521-4
- Kids in the Cloud Level/Grade 4 – ISBN: 978-0-7972-1522-1
- Kids in the Cloud Level/Grade 5 – ISBN: 978-0-7972-1523-8
- Kids in the Cloud Level/Grade 6 – ISBN: 978-0-7972-1524-5
- Kids in the Cloud Level/Grade 7 – ISBN: 978-0-7972-1525-2
Publisher: Kids in the Cloud (Pty)Ltd
Once purchased, the manuals can be used freely within the designated school, and duplicated for the purpose of teaching learners and facilitators for the school to which the license has been granted. Should a manual be lost, or get worn out, a new manual can be copied/printed by the school at minimal cost, which is a far more affordable option than having to purchase new text books. The license is granted on purchasing a set.
Each school purchasing a set of manuals will receive the following:
- One set (seven printed manuals), in colour, branded;
- DVD with accompanying activities;
- DVD with manuals in electronic pdf format (for printing/sharing within the licensed school only).
The manuals are available in English only.
Please contact us at email@example.com should you require a quote.