In the Cloud was fortunate to participate in the annual South African National Science Week, presented and coordinated by the South African Agency for Science and Technology Advancement (SAASTA). The week was filled with learning, excitement and new experiences, and we made many new friends! Each day consisted of a visit to a different school, during which a programme consisting of the following was presented:
- Life Sciences and Maths – all in one
- Digital technology and the importance of becoming a responsible digital citizen
- Skype interactive session with a researcher from the field (blended learning approach)
More than 600 learners from the following schools participated:
- Union High
To summarise the highlights:
- The learners were so eager to learn, and thoroughly enjoyed engaging with the researchers using Skype!
- Our country has so much to be proud of, and the Giant Flag project just one of them!
- Graaff-Reinet is a beautiful town, and offers so much to see and do! We also had time to visit the Valley of Desolation.
Below a video clip trying to capture a little of what we experienced!